Small Business Britain is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or associated apps, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Small Business Britain may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 09th April, 2020.
What we collect
Depending on your usage of our website or associated apps, we may collect the following information:
- Name and business name
- Contact information including email address, postal address
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, applications or newsletters.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Small Business Britain uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Small Business Britain uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Small Business Britain may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
The cookies we use
We use the following cookies:
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||close_site_notice||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|'NID','1P_JAR','GCIC','CONSENT','ANID','__Secure-3PAPISID','__Secure-3PSID','__Secure-3PSIDCC'||Used by Google to deliver Google Maps and Captcha services on the website|
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Links to other websites
Our website or associated apps may contain links to other websites or apps of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site or associated apps, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or app. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
What are your data protection rights?
Small Business Britain would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Small Business Britain for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Small Business Britain correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Small Business Britain to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Small Business Britain erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Small Business Britain restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Small Business Britain’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Small Business Britain transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please write to email@example.com
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by using the unsubscribe link(s) in our emails, or do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. All information submitted can be used by Small Business Britain for the purposes of promoting Small Business Britain and your Small Business.